After the Revolutionary War, the manor properties were split into towns. Goldens Bridge became part of the town of Salem, NY.
Salem later became South Salem, and finally, in 1840 its name was changed to Lewisboro.
At this time, Goldens Bridge was primarily farmland, with farmers raising their own livestock.
In 1847, the railroad came to Goldens Bridge and the farms became dairy farms since the trains made it easy to ship milk to New York City.
With the switch to dairy farming, Goldens Bridge became more of a commercial town.